Get your party-hat-shaped writing caps on! It’s one week till the party! That’s right! On November 20, we’ll open the official entry form so you can submit your amazing stories.
As a reminder, here are the Birthday! Birthday! contest guidelines: https://motherhoodblockparty.net/birthday-birthday/
- Story for kids up through age 12
- 100 words or fewer
- Include one word from Gennie’s list and one word from Amy’s list (see below)
- Submit to the contest form after it opens at 12:01 a.m. EST Saturday, November 20, 2021 and before it closes at 11:59 p.m. EST Sunday, November 21, 2021
- Have fun! This is a birthday party, after all!
We can’t wait to read the awesome stories you write, inspired by the birthday girls’ favorite things. So without further birthday-related ado . . .
Remember, choose at least one word from Gennie’s list and at least one word from Amy’s list and include those two words in your story.
Wow! We have some incredibly generous donations! We hope you’re excited about the awesome prizes you can win.
- $25 e-gift card to Multicultural Books [US only]
- $25 e-gift card to Bel and Bunna’s Books children’s bookstore
- $25 e-gift card to Bookbug children’s bookstore
- Your own copy of Cold Turkey (releasing on our birthday: 11/23!) by Corey Rosen Schwartz, Kirsti Call, and Chad Otis [US only]
- Double-critique (of a picture book manuscript up to 800 words) from Gennie and Amy
- PB critique by Sara Kruger
- PB critique (rhyming or non-rhyming) by Kellie Tune
- Pencil amigurumi from Kim-Hoa Ung [US only]
- $50 gift card for The Writing Barn
- Custom book tote donated by Gennie
All named winners will receive a 2021 Birthday! Birthday! winner badge to proudly display for all the world to see.
All that’s left now to do is . . .